Thursday 2 August 2012

It's been a long time

Well I promised to blog more often and I didn't.  So a lot has been happening since my last post.

I was delighted to find that I had been featured in Simply Homemade magazine in a Folksy Finds feature.  As a result I had some contacts from new people interested in the things that I make.  It strange where you pop up and people put you in their blogs or pinboards or magazines and you don't even know about it.  All very exciting.

Speaking of Pinboards, I have tried to get to grips with Pintrest but find that for all it is full of beautiful things I don't have have the time to be browsing.  I don't know about you but I have to make sure that my virtual life doesn't take up more of my real life than it should.

In May I was asked to help with a really exciting project working for the stylist Krista to make 6 dresses for an all girl folk band called The Shee to be used for their new album which comes out in the autumn.  Well that was great pressure and great fun.  There was a problem with the fabric supplier and the fabric didn't arrive until Friday morning and the dresses had to be ready for a photo shoot on Monday. So a weekend of cutting, sewing, pressing. somehow it all came together and whilst the dresses needed some tweeking on the day we made it.  The girls were pleased with their dresses, they had each chosen their own individual style, so it was lovely to see how they reflected their individual personality.

Krista is a very talented lady who sings, designs, styles, organizes event,s the list is endless.  The band are fantastic bunch of girls, fun, pretty and very talented and they wore their dresses to a concert at The Sage on the Monday evening.  I am looking forward to seeing the official images and sharing them soon.  You can get   a sneak preview in the image here.  Also do listen to the band and go and see them if you can here is their Facebook page The Shee.

Every year since it started we have been going to Indietracks a fantastic festival in Derbyshire.  If you have never been you should go it is the high spot of my year.  This year we took Lindy's Loops on the road and it was a great success.

I had the opportunity to take part in a summer market by Durham Markets in the historic market square it was a lovely evening, despite the weather forecast and the Mayor and Mayoress even stopped by to say hello.  This is me looking like a proper market trader. Could you watch the stall for me a minute Mo?


Oh and that reminds me of another photo opportunity when Lindy's Loops took part in the Fashion Fringe event for Newcastle Fashion Week and I was snapped running up some last minute bunting for the Jubilee weekend.

I thought summer might be quiet and I would start sewing projects ready for Christmas, but with lots of local activity its been busy.

Coming up this month, I have been invited over to Rosewill Cottage on Saturday 4th August, that is in the lovely seaside town of Whitley Bay and I am taking part in the Made In Newcastle Summer Market, on 11th August, which will raise funds to support the development of a permanent space for  local artists, crafters and designers.  I do hope to see you there.

Have a great summer whatever you are doing.




No comments:

Post a Comment