Friday 4 March 2011

Official Day 1 of the journey

At last I am taking the plunge, for years I have tinkered around with making and designing things, now I am going to start my journey towards making this more of my life.

I started sewing and knitting as a child, taught by my clever mother who made lovely dresses for herself, for me and for my Sindy doll.  In those days it was the way that we could afford beautiful new things, but it was always a pleasure and never a chore.

I remember the pleasure of finding a piece of lovely fabric, cutting carefully around her home made brown paper patterns and the sound of the treadle on the singer sewing machine.  I loved the beauty of that sewing machine, it was black and gold and the thread in the shuttle was like a butterfly cocoon that would help my mother make us lovely dresses.

Over the years I have made lots of things and I lost the pleasure of that for a while, now I have found it again and I intend to start doing something I enjoy for a living. 

So official day 1 is the boring stuff business planning and all that but I will do these things surrounded by lovely fabrics and trimmings and wool and buttons and listening to music.

I hope you will enjoy reading about my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment