Saturday 12 March 2011

Week 2 of the Self Employment Journey

Well the week continued with the dull stuff the business advisor was helpful and I am now surrounded by business planning templates, cash flows and all that jazz.  I attended a seminar for new business start ups which was the longest two hours of my life and I have booked on to the Inland Revenue course which I am sure will be even more delightful.  Still it all seems to make sense so that boring degree paid off.

On the interesting side I bought some beautiful vintage buttons and two vintage patterns in Heaton, one of my favourite places in Newcastle, sadly no time for coffee at Heaton Perk.

Crafting activity has been sparse but four bags cut out and ready to sew and some lovely floral fabric to cover my ironing board awaits.  The bags will be in the style of this one but in different fabrics. Alice Hubley has the prototype and I realised I made an error on the handles which has been corrected in the subsequent model.

The music to accompany my crafting has been supplied largely by
Milky WimpshakeMoira Stewart and The Icicles  oh yes and I have to admit to a little Belle and Sebastian but they don't need any promoting you all know who they are.

The online shop is nearly ready and my main focus will be ensuring that I have enough lovely items to take to the craft fair on 17th April at The Pullman Lodge Hotel in Seaburn which is put on by local promotors Makers Markets.

Eeek it is all getting real folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment