Sunday 27 March 2011

Work in progress

Week 3 and the list of tasks involved in setting up Lindy's Loops is getting smaller and smaller.

Thankfully, at the same time the pile of stock is getting bigger and bigger.

So far I have made some bags, some dresses and little brooches.


The bags are big enough to take an A4 size note book and lap top.  Each bag comes with a little brooch, which can be detached if that isn't your style.  Here is a selection.





Here is one of my dresses, it is a fifties style summer dress.  The fabric has a black stripe with little rosebuds on it.  It has a button placket on the front with three little flower buttons.  There is a lace trim to the hem giving the effect of a petticoat, making it a dress pretty enough for summer parties.  It has a matching brooch to pin on your cardigan.  I have finally got the cut of the armholes right in my sleeveless dresses.  Some of my earlier ones were too deep and were more suitable for a tunic or pinafore.  This design will leave your modesty intact.



I have added to my stock of little brooches too.






Setting up a photography studio in the dining room was good fun and Steven was exasperated by my lack of understanding of light and shadow, so if the photographs have the wrong light, that will be my fault.

This week I have been enjoying listening to the Trojan Reggae Sampler here are the tracks.


1. Guns Of Navarone - Skatalites
2. Train To Skaville - Ethiopians
3. Israelites - Dekker, Desmond & The Aces
4. Wonderful World Beautiful People - Cliff, Jimmy
5. Liquidator - Harry J & The All Stars
6. Return Of Django - Upsetters (1)
7. Sweet Sensation - Melodians
8. Young Gifted And Black - Bob & Marcia
9. Monkey Man - Maytals
10. Love Of The Common People - Thomas, Nicky
11. Double Barrel - Collins, Dave & Ansel
12. Rain - Ruffin, Bruce
13. Small Axe - Marley, Bob & The Wailers
14. Let Your Yeah Be Yeah - Pioneers (1)
15. Everything I Own - Boothe, Ken
16. Help Me Make It Through The Night - Holt, John
17. Ire Feelings (Skanga) - Edwards, Rupie
18. Hurt So Good - Cadogan, Susan
19. Money In My Pocket - Brown, Dennis
20. Uptown Top Ranking - Althea & Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment