Friday 13 May 2011

Special Delivery

This has been an exciting week on 11th May, our first grandchild, George Steven arrived.  Everyone has been lovely and so excited about it all. Mother, father and baby are all doing well and should be coming home tomorrow.

All this has meant Lindy's Loops has been distracted too.  I did manage to finish a Funky Purple Cord Bag to go with the top I made for the Make and Mend Fashion Show at the Star and Shadow on Sunday.  I can't wait to see the full outfit put together.  Do come along and support the local designers and crafters who will be there.






I deviated a little from my usual lines to re-cover our old Moses basket, which all 3 of the Chapmen chaps have slept in and now the new little one will be able to take a rest in it.  Not for long I think as he was quite a big chap, 8lb 15.5 oz!  His mammy likes beige and creams so I found some lovely beige polka dots which I think are quite becoming for a young chap.  It was a tricky task but I enjoyed it, but I don't think I will be taking orders.





I started knitting something for him a few months ago, but we didn't know then that it would be a boy, so I finished off the hat and shoes with some little blue teddy buttons.  The next project will be a little Winnie the Pooh sleep suit.



I think I can see an idea for new lines for Lindy's Loops, retro baby grows!.

No comments:

Post a Comment