Thursday 2 June 2011

Quarter 1 Report

It is hard to believe that it is almost three months since Lindy's Loops was launched into the world of commerce and craft.  It has been hectic but great fun. I have met some lovely fellow crafters both in the on-line world and out there in the crafting community.  It is amazing to see how many clever, talented folks are creating such fabulous things.  So Quarter 1 has been Inspirational.

My Folksy site has had a lot of visitors but no sales, although it has led to some contacts and orders for other items.  I have enjoyed making the bespoke things for those lovely customers, it is such a pleasure to make things that people appreciate.  It still feels a bit weird to catch a glimpse of someone carrying one of my bags. If there are things you would like to see in my folksy shop do let me know.  You can leave a message on the site or you can contact me through my facebook page page, or email me at Lindysloops@gmail.com.  So Quarter 2 has been Productive.

My business adviser would be proud of me as I have achieved my predicted turnover for the first quarter.  Although I am not sure Lord Sugar would be impressed with my empire as it is in £'s rather than thousands or millions!   So Quarter 1 has been Successful.

On Sunday I will be taking Lindy's Loops to a new venue, a super craft event at Seaburn in Sunderland run by the lovely people at Makers Markets. Come along if you can. So Quarter 1 is seeing Expansion.


I've had a little break from crafting over the last couple of weeks.  I enjoyed a little trip to the scary island of Tenerife and narrowly escaped being trapped by the ash cloud. That would have been a disaaaaaaaaaaster daaaaaaaarling as I would have missed my weekend break visiting the beautiful baby George.  No secrets to be revealed of this excursion owing to the imposing of a super injunction.



Both of my jaunts have filled my head with design ideas so after the weekend it will be time to get out the fabrics and scissors and threads.  Look out for some things for big people, some things for little people and some things for little big people and hopefully more new markets in new places.  So I survived Quarter 1 and am raring to move into Quarter 2.

I hope you like my quarterly company report, not sure the bank manager will be so impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment