Thursday 7 April 2011

Cowboy Dreams or the Tribulations of Self Employment

It all started with a beautiful piece of fabric by Alexander Henry.  



Ever since I bought the fabric I couldn't stop singing Cowboy Dreams and wondering what ever happened to Jimmy Nail.  More importantly I have been dying to make this into a bag.  So more haste and less speed, furiously cutting and trimming and stitching and then disaster, sewing machine fail, production halted at Lindy's Loops.

This is when I realised that I need to be everything in my self employed world so I called the maintenance department and there I was fiddling with moving machinery parts and machine oil in hand.  Now I know the frustrations when something goes wrong in your business.  They say you must add in realistic costs to your product to account for your time, well you better get your savings out if I add the stoppage time to this bag!  Any way I got things going again and it is finished now.

I thought the fabric was quite bold so I have put the patterned fabric on one side and plain fabric on the reverse and I have added my usual little flower brooch to the plain side for a contrast.  I just love these 50's style ladies in all their hour glass figure glory.  The fabric is called 'Shoot from the Hip'. If you want to buy this bag you need to visit me at the craft fair on the 17th April at The Pullman Lodge in Seaburn.

I hope you like it, I am planning some more bags in interesting fabrics so keep checking out my blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment