Sunday 17 April 2011

Not such a busy week

The trials of self employment this week.

1. Sewing machine total failure.  I had planned to buy a new one anyway so off I went to buy one, got it home and the light doesn't work.  No time to take it back until next week.

2.  Panic about having enough stock for the Craft Fair on Sunday and wondering if I better contact Fat Elvis to see if the has got anything I can sell.

3.  Craft Fair is cancelled the day before the event, not the organisers fault, problem with the venue.

4. On the upside managed to get a cancellation at the Make and Mend market at The Star and Shadow. This is a lovely venue for craft fairs and gigs.  Got a confirmation when I was still in bed on Sunday morning so a mad panic ensued to gather everything up and get there.

5.  Central Motorway closed, traffic jams on a Sunday morning and an interesting diversion around Newcastle.

6. The sun shone and as a result there were not a lot of people at the market, but I did get some interest and a very excited young lady loved my bags and upon purchase immediately emptied out her old one and started using it.

7.  I did get a lot of knitting done.

I don't think I will be giving up the day job just yet.

Here are a few not very good shots of my stall.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyndy, just Liked your page on FB, seems like your a very busy lady good luck with everything you do.
    Very best carol xx

    ReplyDelete