Saturday 9 April 2011

Lindy's Loops Closed for Funshine

Everyone has to take a day off so Lindy's Loops closed for the day to participate in some fun.  The day started with the torture of my poor clarinet teacher, I just can't do flats, apparently I read in sharps.  I purchased some beautiful purple fabric to compliment this Berry Brolly Fabric watch out for the bag coming to my shop soon.

Next stop home to pick up my best buddy and then off to the toon for a wander in the afternoon sun.  First stop Ladbrokes to place a little wager on the Grand National.

Gateshead doesn't have a great selection of pubs these days, but the refurbished Central is wonderful it is a Flat Iron Building and provides such interesting rooms and now it has a roof terrace and although the view isn't what you would traditionally think of as spectacular it allows you the pleasure of Gateshead's old town hall and watching trains going in and out of town.




And in case you don't see any trains they have a model train in a glass case.  By the way look at the bridge behind the train it looks like the brickwork is starting to bow.

We made our favourite walk over the magnificent High Level Bridge


 to watch the Grand National and lucky for me I chose an each way bet as the only horse I picked that was placed came second, so I will have to make sure to collect my £6 or so winnings.

As always we headed off towards Ouseburn and on the way we stumbled upon a stray bus, all aboard the number 14 for Tottenham Court Road.

These guys look a little confused, they only hopped aboard the number 14 hoping to to go to Oxford Street!

We enjoyed some late afternoon sunshine outside the Cumberland Arms and in the garden of the Free Trade which has the best view of all.  As we set off for home we walked along the quayside and the party boats were out in force which meant that the blinking eye was blinking.



and I couldn't resist a little shot of the Baltic, before heading home.

What a nice day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment